Worshipful Brother Gerald Lee presents Worshipful Brother Pat Todd with a cheque for £500 to go towards supporting the Masonic Fishing Charity.
“The Masonic Fishing Charity’s aim is to bring an interactive fishing and countryside experience to people with special needs”.
It achieves this by running fishing events, both coarse and fly and inviting participants with special needs to come and join in. This includes anyone over 11 with mental or physical disabilities, the disadvantaged or those who have suffered trauma.
We hope to ‘Catch The Smile’ along the way.
The Charity provides:
- A fisherman or helper for every participant usually on a one-to-one basis.
- Lunch is provided for all participants, helpers and fishermen and usually consists of barbecued burgers, sausages and maybe some fresh trout at fly fishing events!
- A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ for all participants.
- Medals for Biggest Fish, Best Caster, Best Retriever etc., are also often awarded.
- Participating organisations or individuals are provided with Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Instructions
- Health and safety instruction is given to all helpers and fishermen.
- Some game fish caught may be kept by the participants.
- Qualified first aider always on hand.